Chemicals that Cause Dog Itchy Skin
Sometimes it’s easy to forget the products and chemicals that we use to beautify and protect ourselves and our homes can be dangerous — even deadly — to our dogs.
Make a conscious effort to purchase organic, natural and safe sprays for your home. If a product is questionable, don’t use it! And if you just must…then keep your dog far away.
The following is a list of potentially harmful sprays and chemicals that you might have lying around your house.
- Carpet cleaners, deodorizers, and brand new carpet
- Cat litter
- Certain medications such as neomycin
- Chlorinated water
- Dishwashing detergents
- Home furnishings, fibers, dyes, polishes and cleansers
- Leather and metal collars (click here for top reviews of safe adult and puppy collars and leashes)
- Rubber and plastics
- Soaps and shampoos, petroleum-derived products
This list merely scratches the surface of possible irritating chemicals to keep far away from your dog.
A good rule of thumb? Keep most man made products in a place your dog can’t get to.
BACK TO TOP OF DOG ITCHY SKIN
This article was reposted by New York Dog Nanny.